Tuesday 9 May 2017

Motivational Photo Frames/ Shadow boxes with handmade flowers

Hello guys
How are you all doin? I am sharing my project today which I had forgotten about. I made these as Birthday favors for a little girl. I made these all from scratch.....it was a lot of work but super fun.

I started with making 4"square shadow boxes using sunboard and 1600gsm chipboard/ mountboard. Then I adhered colorful cardstock cut to 3" square carefully so that it centered. Then I added edges to which are 3/4"in thickness and the thickness of the entire frame is 1".
I covered the entire shadow box with white handmade paper and used some strong rubber based adhesive for this purpose.
Then, I made the loop using matching satin ribbons so that these frames can be easily hanged. To give it a more finished look, I covered the back as well as sides with matching cardstock. I also added a white handmade paper strip to the edges at the center so that all the corners are perfectly hidden.
Now, for the decorations. I did some diecutting and made 3 handmade flowers for each frame....All in all I made around 120 HANDMADE FLOWERS which was a big achievement. Instead of adding pollens int he center, I added some sparkle dots and confetti sequins....so much much. I completed the floral arrangement with some leaf diecuts from and a matching butterfly.  The butterflies are from Itsybitsy but all in white. I colored each one of it to match my cardstock. To finish off the frame, I added some flat back pearls at few places.
I added some words in the center which are formed using glitter foam letters. I do not have pics but the words are not complete as there is a second word to it and they were later stamped. So it looked like
GIVE LOVE
LIVE LIFE
PLAY FAIR and so on.
Thats about the procedure. I am listing the supplies used below and you can have a look it you are interested.

Supplies:
1 White handmade paper (ItsyBitsy)
2 Fevicryl Fevibond - Rubber based glue
3 Silicon Glue (ItsyBitsy)
4 Glossy accents
5 Sunboard
6 1600 gsm chipboard/ mountboard
7 Sizzex basic dies for flowers (ItsyBitsy)
8 Elizabeth craft design - Tiny leaves die
9 Flat back pearls (ItsyBitsy)
10 Butterflies (ItsyBitsy)
11 Distress inks (ItsyBitsy)
12 Satin ribbons (ItsyBitsy)
13 Cardstock (ItsyBitsy and local stores)

I am putting this project up at
1 Scrap and Craft Inspiration challeneg#3 - Handmade Flowers
2 Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Frame it up
3 Try it on Tuesday - Little things mean a lot
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Inky chicks challeng e #82- Butterflies
Scrapping4fun Challenge #89 - Anything Goes
7  Scrapy Land challenge #65 - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday challenge #280-281 - Anything goes
9 Craftsneed May Challenge
10 RCS Challenge#3 - The Blooms Magic

Thank you for reading my post

24 comments:

  1. Wow, these are all so gorgeous, Mukta!! I love the colors and designs of each box!! Creative and fabulous, my friend!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa
      Ty so much for visiting me. I am so glad you like these beauties....
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Just gorgeous, great ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rosie...
      Ty for stopping by. Glad you liked my idea.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Wow! These are amazing and SO beautiful! The colors are so pretty and 120 flowers...wow oh wow, you were busy but these are fabulous!! Great job and thanks so much for joining us in the Scrapy Land challenge!
    Sherrie K
    Scrapy Land DT Member

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sherry
      Yes, it was a fun and at the same time very tiresome making all those lowers. but once you see the final project...its worth it. So glad you could stop by...happy that you like it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. A super project!!! Love all the beautiful frames, and the handmade flowers are so lovely.
    Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Margik
      Thank you so much for stopping by. I am glad you love it....
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. Amazing project, with lovely colour schemes and flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over at Scrap & Craft. Good luck!
    Hugs
    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzi...
      Ty for the wishes. Glad you could visit me.
      cheers

      Delete
  6. Its a fantastic project and a great idea. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meggymay
      Ty so much for stopping by. Glag you like my work....
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Stunning project, love all the colours and words
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachelle
      Thank you so much for stopping by. Glad you like my work.
      Hugs

      Delete
  8. How utterly cute these are. super idea indeed and love the little flower decorations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey June..
      Ty so much for stopping by. i am so glad you liked my work. Hope to see you again...
      Hugs

      Delete
  9. Wow! Fantastic project! Fab idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Craftsneed Challenge:)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thr
      Ty so much for visiting me. Glad you liked my project.
      Hugs

      Delete
  10. WOW! This is such a joy to look at!!! I love these frames it is such an amazing way to make a motivational quote/word stand out!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp!
    Have a great day
    XX Zoey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoey
      Ty so much for visiting me. I am so glad you liked my concept and the execution....
      Cheers

      Delete
  11. What a fun project! Lovely concept! Thanks for playing with us at Rainbow Craftykari!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thr
      Ty so much for visiting me. So glad you liked my project.
      hugs

      Delete
  12. Wow...so much work..Great Job Mukta..Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Craftykari this month..Hope to see you again..Good Luck!
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Richa
      Ty so much for stopping by. I am so glad you like my work...
      Hugs

      Delete