Tuesday 18 July 2017

Handmade card - Wishing you Peace and Tranquility ( LCC DT Inspiration).

Hello guys
I have a wonderful news to share with you all today. I have started my term as a DT member of Lets Craft and Create challenge Blog from July onward and today is my first blog post for them. I have an inspiratin card to share with you all today and the this month's challenge is Just Beachy or Red, white and Blue.  So here is my card for this month's challenge. I would encourage you all to join in this month's challenge which you can enter by clicking this Link

Now onto my card, it is a very simple card and took me 20 mins to complete it. to begin I took a white textured cardstock and did some ink blending with just 2 distress inks - Tumbled Glass and Mermaid Lagoon. I splattered some water and lifted some color off. I heat set this and then I did the waves using Modelling paste and Papericious Frosting Powder. I heat set everything and then stamped my sentiment using Archival Ink Black. the slippers are fussy cut from Red cardstock and it was fun to sketch and cut something out. I used my white gel pen to do the straps. I matter this panel with a Kraft cardstock and then mounted it on a standard A2 size white cardbase. Finished my card with some sequins from Mudra stamps.
I hope you like this quick and easy card....super fun and easy to make.

Supplies used:
  1. Prima Marketing Modelling paste 
  2. Papericious Frosting Powder
  3. Kraft , Red,  White cardstock (270gsm) - Itsybitsy
  4. Textured White cardstock (250gsm) - ItsyBitsy
  5. Distress inks - Tumbled Glass and Mermaid lagoon
  6. Mudra stamps- Wishing you stamp set
  7. Mudra stamps - Sequins -Clear and Pumpkin Harvest
  8. Black Archival ink
  9. White gel pen
I am putting this card up at
  1. Cards and more challenge #189 - Holidays and Summertime - My card is inspired by my holiday to Goa which is full of beaches and a must for summertime.
  2. Try it on Tuesday - Let it shine - I have used sparkling frosting powder on my card.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new venture

    A great card with the striking colours

    Thank you for joining us at try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Congrats on your new DT!! This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and design!! It's so gorgeous!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  3. Have fun with your new adventure as a DT member.
    Congratulations.
    Super great that you join our holiday and summertime challenge. You made a great nice card.

    Greeting Renate.
    (DT Cards Und More)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. Wow, really love the look of your card - those vibrant colours are gorgeous and I wished those flip flops were mine and I could just sit by the beach as you created it ;o) Thank you so much for joining as at our "Holidays / Summertime challenge" at Cards und More! Happy crafting and hope to see you again soon, Maike ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  5. It's so calming and refreshing. I felt as if I was just near the beach. Very well made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. very pretty holiday card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your new DT post and this is a wonderful card too.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty so much for stopping by. Glad you liked it.
      Hugs

      Delete